If there is a book, DVD, or book on CD that the library does not have, patrons may request to borrow the material from another library through Interlibrary Loan. The patron pays for return shipping on the item requested, there are no other costs or fees.
Interlibrary Loan is available to any patron in good standing with a current Morton-James Public Library card.
When a patron requests an item, the library will request the item from another library and the material will be delivered for the patron to check out.
- The patron is required to pay return postage for the item received, whether or not they check the item out.
- The postage is due when the item is picked up.
- Lending periods are determined by the lending library’s policies.
- Overdue fines will be assessed if the due date is missed.
- Patrons who lose materials received through Interlibrary Loan will be required to pay the fine or replace the item according to the policies of the lending library.
You may request an item through Interlibrary Loan by filling out a form at the library.